Lets face it, documentation is a pain, wish you had a tool to do it all without installing a huge piece of software on every machine you need to inventorize? Well, try SIW.
My clients do not mind if i do screen captures and documenting after the settings but you know how tedius this can be right BUT they won’t like it if i install ANY software which modifies registries, installs drivers etc just to inventorize their machines.
I bumped into this tool introduced by a friend, Frank Rovers, called System Information for Windows or short for SIW.
Why i like this tool?
- You don’t have to install anything, just run the EXE file
- Collects huge amount of information that you could do so within minutes which you would normally do in hours
- Collects Software, Hardware and Network information
- Collects realtime information like CPU, HDD etc
- Has some pretty neat tools right out like reveal passwords hidden behind asterisks, Product Keys and Serial Numbers (CD Key), MAC Address Changer, Shutdown / Restart.
- ITS FREE!
THANK YOU GABRIEL TOPALA Download it straight from here http://www.gtopala.com/en/siw.exePS> Vista will request admin rights to run this tool 😀PS> The secret is dangerous, it can reveal passwords stored in plain text, so try not to export secrets out into exportable formats. BE RESPONSIBLE. Mine revealed Firefox password (im gonna blog this)